Wednesday, April 23, 2008

c# universal

Using with DirectSound oversight_failure 23:22 23 Feb '05

Hi. This is some really helpful code, but I'm trying to implement it using DirectSound and hitting a roadblock.

Basically, I have a SecondaryBuffer with its built in DirectX effects. In addition, I'd like to be able to have my own custom effects thrown into the mix. I had no trouble converting the FX frame stuff and effects code so they compile with DirectSound instead of your WaveLib, but the process function uses a buffer and processes it with the effect. From what I can see, the SecondaryBuffer has no way of giving me the raw buffer it's using. There is a read function that isn't very well documented, but I'm not sure if that's what I want. Essentially I need to process the buffer with my own effects when the buffer's "Play" method is called. It's easy to add built in DirectX effects into the effects array, but I have no clue how to stick my own in.

Any pointers on processing a SecondaryBuffer would be great. Actually, any tips on implementing my own custom DirectX effects would be awesome.

Thanks!

1 comment:

varun.g said...

Its nice to view an idea about direct
net.All your .net articles have an amazing power of variety